The iPhone series feature a default browser named Safari which is developed by Apple itself. You can browse the web on Safari anytime and anywhere in the world. Safari browser which has been made available in iPhone is the condensed version of original desktop version of Safari browser by Apple. But it still features most of the features of desktop version of Safari browser and works great in an iPhone.
As you will browse through various websites on the internet, the record of your browsing will be saved under Browsing History (by default). Further, if you want to maintain the privacy of your browsing history, you can clear it from the browser. Follow the following instructions to view and clear your browsing history on your iPhone:
- Press the Home screen button on your iPhone.
- Tap on Safari browser to launch it.
- Then, tap on the ‘Bookmark’ button placed at the bottom of Safari browser. You will see your entire browsing history by tapping on ‘History’ button.
- To clear it, tap on ‘Clear’ and then ‘Clear History’ button, if you want to delete your entire browsing history.
Alternatively: You can also delete your browsing history from Settings:
- Tap the ‘Settings’ application program (app) to launch it.
- To clear the browsing history, tap on ‘Clear History’ button at the bottom of your screen.
- You will prompted/asked if you really want to delete your entire browsing history. Tap on ‘Yes’ to go through with it.
The thing to remember is that once you have deleted your entire browsing history, you will not be able to get it back. There is no such way made available in iPhone or in Safari browser which helps you to get back your browsing history. So if you have some important websites to remember, bookmark them immediately before tapping on ‘Clear History’ button. When you will tap on ‘Clear History’ button, your bookmarked links will not be deleted and will stay intact along with other settings.
As earlier said, there is no such option or way made available in iPhone to obtain back your browsing history, so remember to bookmark all the important links in the web history menu before clearing it. To limit the access or maintain the privacy of your browsing history, you can set a passcode to unlock the screen after you have locked it.