As an owner of iPhone 5, you may find the need to synchronize your iPhone 5 contacts with Microsoft Outlook on your computer or through iTunes installed on your PC. You can import from or export to Outlook your contacts, calendars and mail. To synchronize, follow the below steps:
- Download the latest version of Apple iTunes and install it. Connect your iPhone 5 to PC via USB cable and launch iTunes.
- Un-select the auto-sync option in iTunes to avoid auto-syncing of data on connecting iPhone 5 to PC.
- Your device will be listed on the left panel of iTunes under Devices. Click on your device.
- Go to Info tab.
- Under ‘Contacts’ option, click on ‘Sync Contacts from’ and you will see the list of sources where you can sync your contacts. Choose Outlook from that list.
- You can either sync all of your contacts or some selected ones from the groups created.
- After making selection, click on Apply button. Your iPhone 5 contacts will be synced with Outlook.
You can also sync with Microsoft Outlook without establishing a connection with PC. You can sync your contacts, mail and calendars with Outlook directly on your iPhone 5 by adding an Outlook account on your device. Follow the below steps for syncing your iPhone 5 with Outlook account:
- Tap on the Menu button on your iPhone 5.
- Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account
- Tap on Microsoft Exchange
- Enter your outlook email and password and tap on ‘Next.’
- A connection to Microsoft Exchange server will be established and you may also be asked to enter the address of the server in the server field.
- You will be logged into your account once you have entered correct email username and password. You will be asked what kind of information (like mails, calendars or contacts), you would want to sync with your iPhone 5.
- Select the desired option and tap on Sync. In a matter of a minute or two (depending on speed of your internet connection), your device will be synced with Outlook.
About iPhone 5: iPhone 5 is a touch screen smartphone developed by Apple. It is successor to iPhone 4S and 6th in the generation of iPhones. It was released in September 2011 and it features iOS 6 as it operating system.
About Outlook: Microsoft Outlook is mostly used as a web-email application. But in real, it is personal information manager and comes along with the Microsoft Office package. Microsoft Office Outlook 2013 is the latest version of Outlook released on October 24 this year.